Mini Crab Cakes
• 1/3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped scallions
• 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
• 2 teaspoons lemon juice
• 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
• 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
• 1 pound lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more as needed
• Lemon wedges and arugula leaves for serving
1. Mix the bell pepper, parsley, scallions, mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper in a large bowl. Add the bread crumbs and crabmeat, and toss gently to mix.
2. Divide the crab mixture into 12 equal portions (about 1/4 cup each) and shape each into a 1-inch-thick patty.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the crab cakes to the skillet and cook until they're golden on both sides, adding more oil as needed. Cook about 3 minutes per side. Remove from pan and set on paper towels for a minute to drain.
Scatter lettuce on plate and serve warm with lemon wedges. Makes 12.
Sally's Notes: I made them recently for a dinner party I attended, they were gone in less than 10 minutes!