A different way to enjoy salmon.
Teriyaki Salmon Stir-Fry
Recipe Courtesy of Cathy Lowe
The Food Network.com
• 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
• 2 teaspoons sesame oil
• 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
• 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
• 1 pound salmon filet, skinned and cut into 1 1/2" cubes
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 10 ounces mushrooms, sliced
• 1 head broccoli, cut into florets, boiled for 2 minutes and cooled in ice water
• 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
In a glass baking dish combine the teriyaki sauce, sesame oil, ginger and garlic. Add the salmon cubes and toss to coat. Let sit for 10 minutes. Heat oil in large skillet or wok until it is just smoking.
Stir in the mushrooms and toss to cook quickly. Add the salmon and continue to toss and cook for another 1 minute. Add cooked broccoli and toss to coat. Pour in the remaining marinade from the salmon and sprinkle in the sesame seeds. Serve immediately with rice.
Sally’s Notes: As you can clearly see in the photo I did not have mushrooms but I did have some leftover onion and carrots. (That’s the beauty of stir fry, add what you have.)
I boiled sliced carrots with the broccoli and added the sliced onion to the salmon marinade.
I also put some Sriracha and soy sauces to the table for serving. Did not need the soy but the hot sauce was a great addition if you like heat.