It's a light romantic dish, perfect for your Valentine!
GRILLED MAHI MAHI WITH ORANGE-TOMATO SALSA
For the salsa:
• 2 large navel oranges, peeled, segments removed, chopped
• 3 large on-the-vine tomatoes, chopped
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 1 small batch of cilantro, stems included, chopped
• 2 jalapeño peppers, chopped
• A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
• Salt, to taste
Combine all of the above ingredients and reserve.
For the Mahi Mahi:
• 4 tablespoons orange juice
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon orange zest
• 1 jalapeno, finely minced
• 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
• 1 handful of cilantro, chopped
• 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 4 (6-oz.) Mahi Mahi steaks, (or swordfish)
How to Prepare
Thoroughly whisk all of the above ingredients, (except the fish) in a bowl. Pour the mixture into a large zip-loc bag with the fish and marinate for no more than 30 minutes. Remove the fish and drain off any of the marinade. Reserve the remaining marinade.
Grill or broil the fish until seared on each side. Drizzle some of the reserved marinade on the fish while cooking. Discard any marinade leftover that has not been cooked. Serve the fish with the tomato-orange salsa.
Sally's Notes: This is such a good dish and so easy to make! Dim the light and open a little wine. Happy Valentine's Day.