Everything You've Always Wanted to Know... about Skip Kelly
Born and Raised:
Professional: I keep myself busy with (not one, but....) 2 jobs !! I have this fun little radio gig that I do………and I have also been a Mobile DJ/Host/Emcee (specializing in weddings and adult parties like birthdays, anniversaries and corporate events) for over 3 decades ! Yes, I OBVIOSULY started as a young child....
Personal: Married to my best friend Stacie since 2001, 4 cool kids - Tyler (age 19), Zak (age 11) and my 'princess', Alexa (7) and..........the newest addition, Landen is going to be 2 in November. Great little guy.
Hobbies: Working out and trying to keep that boyish figure. It gets harder with each passing year, however. (Were'nt these same weights a bit lighter 20 years ago?) Photography, playing kids games with the kids, holding hands with my wife, martial arts.
Favorite Music Artists: Brad Paisley, Toby Keith, Rascal Flatts, Chicago, Elton John, Billy Joel
Favorite Sports Teams: Being from New England I am a devoted Patriots and Red Sox fan (the 2000's was a good decade for me) And working in South Florida radio, I also grew to like the Miami Dolphins and the Florida Marlins.
Favorite TV Shows: I don't watch a LOT of TV, but when I do...I have to admit it....I am a reality show junkie. Survivor, American Idol, Amazing Race,
Professional Influences: When growing up, I used to listen to a hometown radio station with an afternoon guy whose name was (and still is) "Duncan Dewar". I thought he sounded so cool and I wanted to do what he was doing for a living. I am STILL in touch with
Philosophy: Character is doing the right thing even when nobody is looking.
Lose the weight now!
If you think coffeemakers are just for coffee, prepare to have your mind BLOWN. Because there are actually websites dedicated to all the OTHER stuff you can make with a coffeemaker.
And even though it usually doesn't make SENSE to, here are six of the easiest meals to pull off.
1. Hot Dogs. Just run six-to-eight cups of water through the coffeemaker, then leave the burner on and toss the
hot dogs in. Or don't . . . because the microwave obviously makes way more sense. Because the suggested cooking time in a coffee pot is 30 MINUTES. But hey . . .
maybe you don't have a microwave or a stove.
Apparently you can do hard-boiled eggs the same way, but in eight minutes.
2. Poached Chicken. Essentially, all you need is some chicken breast, some butter, and some water, and you let it cook in the coffee pot for 15 minutes on each side. Then make sure you wash the pot REALLY well.
3. Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. Just remove the pot, wipe down the burner, and cook each sandwich like you normally would if you were using a pan.
4. Anything "Instant." This one's kind of obvious, but coffeemakers are great for things like oatmeal or ramen noodles, because all you have to do is add hot water and wait a few minutes.
5. Vegetables. You can do it two different ways. You can steam them by putting them in the filter basket, and then running water through the coffeemaker a few times.
Or you can just fill the pot with hot water, dump the vegetables in, and let them cook until they're tender.
6. Chocolate Fondue. All you have to do is heat up some cream in the coffee pot for about 15 minutes . . . add in pieces of a chocolate bar and let them melt for 10 minutes . . . then stir it, and it's done.
A few popular dipping items include strawberries, banana slices, pretzels, and marshmallows.
(Click Here for specific recipes for each one.)